- Gayle scored 175 not out, a record in all T20 cricket, beating Brendan McCullum's 158.
- He reached his century in 30 balls, a new record, beating Andrew Symonds' 34-ball effort.
- The milestone came in only the ninth over of the RCB innings.
- In his innings, Gayle hit 17 sixes, another world record.
- With 13 fours as well, he hit a world record 154 runs in boundaries.
- Five of the Pune bowlers combined bowled twelve overs for 211. An economy rate of 17.58.
- The Jamaican's strike rate was a shade over 265.
- This is Gayle's eleventh T20 century. His 5265 career runs have come at an average of 46.33 and strike rate of 155.
His contribution took the Royal Challengers to a (you guessed it) world record 263 for 5. I don't need to add any words, the numbers are enough.